Sunday, December 4, 2011

Reflections

This quarter has been fun and interesting. It has been fun because it helped stretch my writing skills to make me a better writer but also with the interesting discussions we had in class about the various in-class readings or our essays and critiquing them. It was fun because it was only twice a week for class time and doing the blog as our major assignment throughout the quarter was interesting to do.

It helped having the blog to do our assignments on because when I finished each one I felt like I didn't have to really worry to much about the grade I would recieve and it helped bring some of the assignments in to class for peer reviews to do the editing for the next post. At first, for me, it was hard to figure out exactly how to post comments to help others with the blog to help them recieve the best grade possible.

It was interesting I thought because our major assignemnt was this blog and it was the first time I ever tried doing a blog. Once I figured out how to comment on peoples blogs and getting use to posting assignments on the blog instead of turning hard copies of the assignment in it became alot of fun. It was fun to be able to post pictures, such as the ones I used for the assignment I wrote about MLB free agency, for others to get an idea of what I was writing and to help the article more interesting.

Some of the blog posts were hard for me to write for many reasons. I was either unsure of what I wanted to write or not to incorporate bias or argument in the post. One I had trouble figuring out to write on was post #8 because I didn't know what to choose that didn't have more than three sub-categories for but when I choose to write about professional football in North america it was easy. Also, being able to write and post the assingments on our blogs at home was helpful. Even though for some it might be hard writing at home due to all the distractions we have at home, it helped me do better on my assignments. It helped me because when I knew it was crunch time and I knew I had procrastinated long enough, that was when I was able to put my music on and get to writing and finish what I had to write in one sitting instead of doing portions of each assignment on seperate days.

The one that I had the most fun writing about was my post on courage. That post was fun for me because it was really personal for me and it just really flowed as soon as I started writing it. I was able to incorporate a personal experience and a topic that I'm very familiar with that I like alot and write about courage through those two topics. One of my hardest ones was the post about the Detroit Lions starting their season 5-0 just because to get to 5-0 they had beaten my favorite team the Chicago Bears and it was hard not to include bias towards both teams but especially Chicago.

Overall, this course was alot of fun and helped my writing become stronger. It also helped me think more about who I was writing to and made me add some things in each post that people who don't know about the subject to know more about what I was writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment